02 June 2005

Rejoice with Me!

If you had read the post which was drafted a week ago, you would have been reading a very different post. Somewhat down, pretty resigned to death.
Today we saw Dr. Shields, my oncologist. Good news! The last CAT scan shows that the tumor has stabilized and the blood tests show the cancer agents in the blood are decreasing. This means that there may be other reasons for my fatigue. We are looking at non-cancer causes for the fatigue. That means there may be easy ways to get the fatigue under control.

Rejoice with me!
Philippians 2:17-18 GW My life is being poured out as a part of the sacrifice and service I offer to God for your faith. Yet, I am filled with joy, and I share that joy with all of you. (18) For this same reason you also should be filled with joy and share that joy with me.


Give thanks to the Lord for all His blessings. What does all of this mean for my future? In the short term it means that we will keep on the same treatment plan, but it also means that I will try to do more. See if I can get the energy levels back up. It might even mean that I could be getting closer to being back in the ministry on a full time basis.

Rejoice with me!
Philippians 2:17-18 GW My life is being poured out as a part of the sacrifice and service I offer to God for your faith. Yet, I am filled with joy, and I share that joy with all of you. (18) For this same reason you also should be filled with joy and share that joy with me..

Recently, I have worked my way through Leviticus. Hard book, isn't it? Lots of stuff that seems difficult to get through. One thing I did notice is that the Lord wants His priests to be holy. Remember, we New Testament Christians know that all baptized believers are
"a royal priesthood." (1 Peter 2:9) He has called His priests to be holy, that is, dedicated to Him.

Leviticus 21:6-8 GW "Be God's holy men, and don't dishonor the name of your God. Be holy because you bring sacrifices by fire to the LORD. It is the food of your God. (7) You should never marry prostitutes, those who have lost their virginity, or divorced women because a priest is God's holy man. (8) Be holy because you offer the food of your God. Be holy because I, the LORD, am holy. I set you apart as holy. .

We are set apart for the Lord. The way the Old Testament priests showed their "set apartness" was very specific and does not apply today. But they are reminders to us that we are set apart for the Lord today and this includes such things as our choice of spouses. Are we looking at a possible future spouse with God's eyes or just our own. 1 Corinthians 7 and Ephesians 5 both have some important things to say about marriage. I know that I am blessed with Sandie, my wonderful wife of 26 years. I give thanks to God everyday for the my wife. She is a fine Christian woman, dedicated to her Lord.

What does this have to do with me today? Easy, the Lord is not going to let me go. He will find ways to use the gifts which He has given me to use them in His service.

Rejoice with me!
Philippians 2:17-18 GW My life is being poured out as a part of the sacrifice and service I offer to God for your faith. Yet, I am filled with joy, and I share that joy with all of you. (18) For this same reason you also should be filled with joy and share that joy with me.


Even if I am going home sooner than I might want, the Lord will continue to use me here. And He will use you too. Each of us are blessed with the gifts He has given us to use in His service. Each of us are set apart as priests of God. And so rejoice with me! Now I see that there may be opportunities for service in His kingdom. Now all I have to do is to find them.
Doc Steve

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am smiling here.....WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
I am rejoicing with you.


Rob.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Indeed, we all rejoice with you. God Keep You!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home